It's National Chili Day, and everyone needs at least one good chili recipe in their cooking arsenal. Dianna Arias with Don Strange of Texas is here to spice up this Thursday. Take a look for some delicious details!
BEEF CHILI RECEIPE
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 3 pounds angus ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup ground ancho chile pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup tomato paste
Optional toppings: Shredded cheese, Fritos, Green Onions, Sour Cream, etc.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium/high heat.
- Add ground beef, yellow onion, and chopped garlic. Sautee for 10 minutes or until beef is fully browned.
- Add ground ancho chile pepper, cumin, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, oregano. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chicken and beef broths, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir well.
- Bring beef chili to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes or until thick.
Don Strange of Texas
1551 Bandera Road, SATX 78228
Facebook: Don Strange of Texas
IG: Don Strange of Texas