Show mama the appreciation she deserves with a delicious breakfast! With these easy to prep recipes, your mom will surely feel the love she deserves on her special day!
Complete Eats by Chef Adrian
CHOCOLATE BANANA COLLAGEN WAFFLES RECIPE:
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 scoops Keto Collagen Protein
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons keto sweetener of choice
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1 pinch salt
3/4 cups milk of choice
3 large whole eggs
2 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
2 tbsp unfiltered olive oil
1 fresh banana
Halo Ice Cream or your choice of flavor
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until smooth and everything is well incorporated. Let batter rest for 5 minutes while you preheat your waffle iron.
2. Stir batter after a few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time if batter appears too thick.
3. Lightly coat waffle iron with butter or non-stick spray. Cook waffles according to waffle iron manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Top with slices bananas, 2 scoops of ice cream low carb or regular, and drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle a dash of sea salt if desired.
CRÈME BRULEE OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE:
1.5 cups old fashion rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
3 cups almond milk plain or flavored
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sugar Free Maple syrup to taste
8 tsp light brown sugar
1 granny smith apple
2 tbsp butter or ghee
In a small bowl, jar, or container combine the oats with the almond milk, salt, cinnamon, vanilla bean seeds and the residual vanilla bean pods. Place in the fridge overnight, or until all liquid has been absorbed by oats. Remove the vanilla bean pods, add sugar free maple syrup, to taste.
In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp of ghee or regular butter, and sauté apples for 3-5 minutes, sprinkling with brown sugar and cinnamon. Divide between four bowls, top with apples, and sprinkle with about two teaspoons of brown sugar. Using a blow torch, brulee the top of the oatmeal bowls until caramelized and golden and dig in!
GRILLED CAULIFLOWER BREAKFAST PANINIS RECIPE:
1 head cauliflower, (to make about 4 cups processed cauliflower)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 c. shredded white Cheddar
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Process cauliflower florets in a food processor until the texture resembles rice. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower.
2. In a medium bowl, combine processed cauliflower, eggs, Parmesan and oregano. Mix until evenly combined then season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat your griddle on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray then scoop the cauliflower mixture into a small patty on one side of the griddle. Repeat to form a second patty on the other side. (These are your “bread” slices.) Press down on both pieces with lid and cook until golden , about 5 minutes.
4. Top one cauliflower slice with cheese then place the other cauliflower slice on top. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
5. Make sure your eggs are really fresh. Fresh eggs have a thicker white near the yolk that will better hold a round shape as it cooks. You can tell how fresh an egg is by putting it in a glass of water; if it lies horizontally at the bottom, it is very fresh; if it starts to float or stand on end it is less fresh. If your egg isn’t so fresh, crack it into a small bowl and drain off the runnier white.
6. Crack your egg into a bowl or onto a saucer, this makes it easier to slide into the pan. If there is any very runny white surrounding the thicker white, then tip this away.
7. Add a drop of vinegar (you can add this to the water in the pan if you prefer).
8. Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. Don't add any salt as this may break up the egg white.
9. Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool to help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
10. Slowly tip the egg into the center. Make sure the heat is low enough not to throw the egg around – there should only be small bubbles rising.
11. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the white is set.
12. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper. Trim off any straggly bits of white. If you need to cook more than one poached egg, keep it at the right temperature in warm water, but make sure the water isn't hot enough to overcook the egg.
13.Top with avocado and poached egg, a dash of salt and pepper and some extra cheese if desired.
Watermelon Cucumber Crush:
1 small seedless watermelon, sliced
1 hothouse cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 limes, peeled
1 25-ounce bottle pinot grigio
4 ounces vodka, or to taste
4 ounces aloe juice
2 ounces Cointreau or triple sec
1 lime, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced
2 trays ice
16 ounces club soda
1 cup sliced fruit, optional garnish
1 Mixology drink bomb, your choice of flavor
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes plus 3 hours of refrigeration
1. Using a sharp knife, divide watermelon into sections. Cut flesh to size and discard rind. Combine watermelon, cucumber and lime. Juice. Makes about 4 cups.
2. Pour contents into large pitcher. Combine with wine, vodka, Cointreau and aloe juice. Add lime, orange and lemon. Stir.
3. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Pour into tall glasses over ice. Add a splash of club soda to each glass and stir before serving. Drop a drink bomb of your choice into your drink!