Spoil mom this other's Day with the perfect brunch spread! Chef Adrian Perez is showing you just how to achieve this perfect Mother's Day gift.
For more information:
4 Cheese Okra Tomato Quiche Recipe:
Yields approx. 2 quiches
1 HEB Pie Crust
8 whole eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup Colby Pepper Jack Cheese
1/4 cup Smoked Gouda
1/4 cup Wisconsin Aged Cheddar
1/4 cup Wisconsin White Cheddar
8-10 whole okra pieces
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes - sliced
1/4 cup red onion- sliced
1 tbsp rosemary
3 slices bacon
1 tbsp Adams Reserve White Wine Garlic Butter Seasoning (Optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place pie crust over pie dish and press against the edges to form and fit the dish.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on top and dried beans to weight it down. Par bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In a medium skillet on medium heat, add bacon and render the fat for 2-3 minutes, then add in your okra and tomatoes, rosemary, red onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and set aside. Pat dry with a paper towel.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together your eggs, heavy cream and half and half until frothy about 3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of your cheese into the bottom of the par baked pie crust.
6. Dice your veggies as big or as fine as you'd like, place them on top of the layer of cheese in the par-baked pie crust.
7. Then top with the egg custard mixture only 3/4 of the way and remaining cheese, place on a baking sheet and in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Quiche should be firm around the edges and slightly wobbly in the center.
After removing from the oven, allow quiche to rest on the counter for 10 minutes, loosely covered with foil before serving.