It's the perfect time to try out a new and delicious recipe, and if you love Mexican food, now, you can make it at home and enjoy it without the guilt! Chef Brian West is whipping up a delicious Arroz Con Pollo (Rice with Chicken) using a Cauliflower Rice from Green Giant!
Green Giant Cauliflower Arroz Con Pollo
-1 whole chicken and apple sausage, cut into 8 pieces
-2 tablespoons mexican oregano
-1 tablespoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
-1 each onion, diced
-1 each red pepper, diced
-4 cloves garlic
-1 teaspoon saffron threads, optional
-1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
-1 cup canned whole tomatoes, diced
-4 fluid ounces white wine
-3 fluid ounces chicken stock
-4 cups Green Giant Cauliflower
-1/2 cup peas and carrots, frozen
-2 tablespoons corn
1. In a bowl, season the chicken with the oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Rub it in well, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 400F
3. In an Sautee or paella pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken pieces in a single layer, in batches if necessary, so they aren’t crowded into the pan, until they are well browned on all sides.
4. Once the first batch is done, transfer the chicken to a sheet pan and brown the remaining pieces.
5. When the second batch of chicken is done, place in the oven for 8mins.
6. Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until they start to wilt.
7. Add the garlic, saffron (use the smaller amount if on a budget), red chile flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
8. Continue cooking until the onions and peppers are wilted and soft.
9. Add the tomatoes, stock, and wine to the pan. Allow to reduce for 5ims
10. Add Green Giant Cauliflower Rice to the pan and stir in add Chicken from the oven to the pan along with any juices and place in the oven for 10mins
11. Remove and top with peas, carrots and corn.