We've all been spending more time at home due to the pandemic, and Samantha Debianchi, star of Bravo TV's "Million Dollar Listing" and Founder of Debianchi Real Estate, is showing us how to spruce up our home space without breaking the bank!
Some of her home design tips on the cheap:
- Go with secondhand items: It's not always necessary to buy expensive or brand-new items. Consider purchasing secondhand items for fabulous bargains. There's an endless selection on eBay to choose from. If you're looking for higher end merchandise, you can try sites such as West Elm, and search their "open box" deals for deep discounts. Secondhand doesn’t equal worn and used. Many times, rugs and chairs land here simply because someone didn’t like the color.
- Save on labor: The cost of labor can quickly turn a home renovation over budget, but it doesn’t have to anymore. If you're not particularly handy (like me!), checkout sites like Thumbtack and HomeAdvisor where you can find experienced professionals, bid on labor and save a lot of money.
- Change up the furniture: Rearranging furniture is another effective way to transform your home, and it won’t cost you anything. Try moving some items from one room to another, or swap the location of the bed and dresser, for example. Remember, a cluttered home can be an eyesore. Reorganize and utilize the space that you have. If something is taking up too much space and you're never going to use it again, get rid of it! Don’t be a hoarder. Simplicity is key to a clean-living space.
- Go heavy on hardware: Maybe you’ve been dreaming of all new kitchen and bathroom cabinets. If that’s not an option right now, start by changing the hardware such as knobs and drawer pulls. This is a very practical, yet inexpensive way to update a look quickly. Try matching the finishes between doorknobs, hinges, knobs, pulls, and other hardware like faucets and towel bars for a nice-coordinated look.
- Wow them with the windows: A large window does more than just let light into a space. If done right, it can become the focal point of any room, and getting the window coverings right is essential. Installing some new curtains, shutters, or drapery can really enhance the appearance of a room. Besides that, they can provide extra functionality by blocking out light, heat and cold. This could help lower your monthly bills, which is also a welcome bonus.
- Little touches go a long way: Adding some inexpensive miscellaneous items is another way to enliven your space. Pick up some decorative pillows or maybe a new comforter. Consider adding some candles, a new lamp, or some other various knick-knacks. Try replacing some outdated picture frames or adding some new artwork. Checkout websites like Art.com and Etsy for some inspiration that won’t break the bank.
Connect with Samantha on her website at: